Outlook appointment items don't seem to correctly report dates or calculate dates RRS feed

• Question

• In working in my current assignment I have come across a situation that I could use some help on.  I hope you/all can help and probably have run across a number of times.
    Specifics:
    We are in: Time GMT -5 Eastern Standard
    I am reading the appointments from approximately 48 rooms to display a schedule for meetings that we use room resources for scheduling meetings.  In reading the appointments I am getting the recurring appointments, generating the recurring appointments according to the pattern, removing the deleted exception appointments then updating the exceptions that still exist (not deleted) all is pretty happy and reasonably fast.  Thanks to advice from your book the single appointments were a snap with the GetTable and ToArray functions and are fast as well which is good as one of the goals is to not kill Exchange in the process of updating this application.  I am having a bit of a problem though.  On some of the appointments the dates don’t seem to make sense.  I will list out five appointments in this example for Sept 17 2007.  None of these appointments are exceptions, all are real appointments and are recurring:
    1. Starts at 9:00 AM Ends 10:AM Has a series Start date of 3/14/2005 and reports a UTC Start Time of 2Stick out tongueM and UTC End Time of 3Stick out tongueM and reports Start as 10:AM and End as 11:AM, Last Modification on 2/9/06 and displays correctly in Outlook at 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
    2. Starts 10:15 AM Ends 11:00 AM Has a series Start date of 4/4/05 and reports a UTC StartTime of 2:15 PM and UTC End Time of 3:00 PM and reports Start as 10:15 AM and End as 11:AM, Last Modification on 11/14/06 and displays correctly in Outlook at 10:15 AM to 11:00 AM
    3. Starts at 11:00 AM Ends 12Stick out tongueM Has a series Start date of 12/4/06 and reports a UTC Start Time of 4Stick out tongueM and UTC End Time of 5Stick out tongueM and reports Start as 11:AM and End as 12Stick out tongueM, Last Modification on 8/30/07 and displays correctly in Outlook at 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
    4. Starts at 1:00 PM Ends 2Stick out tongueM Has a series Start date of 2/12/2007 and reports a UTC Start Time of 6Stick out tongueM and UTC End Time of 7Stick out tongueM and reports Start as 1Stick out tongueM and End as 2Stick out tongueM, Last Modification on 6/27/07 and displays correctly in Outlook at 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
    5. Starts at 3:00 PM Ends 4Stick out tongueM Has a series Start date of 8/6/2007 and reports a UTC Start Time of 7Stick out tongueM and UTC End Time of 8Stick out tongueM and reports Start as 3Stick out tongueM and End as 4Stick out tongueM, Last Modification on 9/7/07 and displays correctly in Outlook at 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
    As you might be able to tell I am somewhat confused about it all.  All of the appointments except the first one report their correct time from the app.Start and app.End properties however #2 and #5 report incorrect UTC times.  I must be missing something as Outlook doesn’t have any problem deciphering them correctly and does so in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.  Oh yes and we are all in the same time zone and always have been(Florida).  I looked at the StartTimeZone and EndTimeZone items and they are all identical as well.  I must be missing something since Outlook doesn’t get confused.  If you could point me in the right direction or shed some light on these items I would surely appreciate it.  Might it have to do with updates for the new dates for Daylight savings times etc? 

Anyway any help would really be appreciated and Thanks.

Monday, September 17, 2007 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have seen a KB article tells the incorrect time caused by the daylight saving time. Please refer the following link. I am not very sure if this is the same symptom as yours.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906141

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ji

Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have seen a KB article tells the incorrect time caused by the daylight saving time. Please refer the following link. I am not very sure if this is the same symptom as yours.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906141

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ji

Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:21 AM
  •  

Thanks, It's a start cause I hadn't seen that article so I will read etc.  I feel confident that it relates to the extended daylight savings time.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Boy the stupid auto-icons in the post are annoying... seems like you should be able to type a : followed by a P and not have to get a Stick out tongue

U know!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:54 PM