XPath Query Support RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I am developing an application where I need to query almost any properties on certain types. I would like to know what kind of XPath queries are supported.

The only post that I found on XPath was checking for Height.Value.Meters. I would like to send XPath queries that can do AND, OR operations on Properties.

Also, is there a way to send an XPath query on a SearchFilter is there a way to query more than 1 property at one time.

Thanks,
    Burag

Friday, May 30, 2008 4:10 PM

Answers

• HealthVault supports any XPath query that results in a true or false for each item.  You can query for all blood pressures that have a systolic reading greater than 130 and diastolic reading greater than 95 if you want.  But you can't return only the diastolic reading using the XPath filter. We always return the entire item XML if the XPath return true.

Jeff Jones

Friday, May 30, 2008 10:48 PM

• Here is an example of how to use XPath Queries.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Friday, May 30, 2008 11:12 PM

All replies

• HealthVault supports any XPath query that results in a true or false for each item.  You can query for all blood pressures that have a systolic reading greater than 130 and diastolic reading greater than 95 if you want.  But you can't return only the diastolic reading using the XPath filter. We always return the entire item XML if the XPath return true.

Jeff Jones

Friday, May 30, 2008 10:48 PM

• Here is an example of how to use XPath Queries.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Friday, May 30, 2008 11:12 PM
  •  

Jeff and Vaibhav thanks a lot for your answers. They are really helpful.

-Burag

Monday, June 2, 2008 3:38 PM