Failed Azure Stack Developement Kit Installation at step 60.140.149 - (CPI) Migrate Created VMs, Hosts, and Cluster to CPI RRS feed

• Question

• I'm deploying the ASDK and after a few hours when starts migrating VM's  I receive the following error:

2> Exception calling "ExtractToFile" with "3" argument(s): "The process cannot access the file
    '\\?\C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\ComputeControllerClientDependency\AutoMapper.dll' because it is being
    used by another process."
    at Expand-NugetContent<Process>, C:\CloudDeployment\Common\Helpers.psm1: line 1519
    at Expand-DeploymentArtifacts, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\Common\RoleHelpers.psm1: line 3593
    at Import-CpiClientPackage, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\FabricComputeHelper.psm1: line 116
    at Get-CpiClusterName, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\FabricComputeHelper.psm1: line 167
    at Add-CpiObjects, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\VirtualMachine.psm1: line 1507
    at Migrate, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\VirtualMachines\VirtualMachines.psm1: line 46
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 39
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 37
     - 11/11/2018 10:53:38 p.m.
    At C:\CloudDeployment\Setup\DeploySingleNode.ps1:809 char:5
    +     Invoke-EceAction -RolePath $masterRole -ActionType $actionPlan @d ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-EceAction], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : IOException,Expand-NugetContent,CloudEngine.Cmdlets.InvokeCmdlet

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro Zapata

Monday, November 12, 2018 9:30 AM

Answers

• I'm deploying the ASDK and after a few hours when starts migrating VM's  I receive the following error:

2> Exception calling "ExtractToFile" with "3" argument(s): "The process cannot access the file
    '\\?\C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\ComputeControllerClientDependency\AutoMapper.dll' because it is being
    at Expand-NugetContent<Process>, C:\CloudDeployment\Common\Helpers.psm1: line 1519
    at Expand-DeploymentArtifacts, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\Common\RoleHelpers.psm1: line 3593
    at Import-CpiClientPackage, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\FabricComputeHelper.psm1: line 116
    at Get-CpiClusterName, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\FabricComputeHelper.psm1: line 167
    at Add-CpiObjects, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\VirtualMachine.psm1: line 1507
    at Migrate, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\VirtualMachines\VirtualMachines.psm1: line 46
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-EceAction], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : IOException,Expand-NugetContent,CloudEngine.Cmdlets.InvokeCmdlet

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro Zapata

Hi Alejandro,

The easiest way to solve this problem in my case was to delete the C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\CoomputeControllerClientDependency folder then run InstallAzureStackPoc.ps1 -rerun -verbose.

The issue is that the script imports this module as part of the helper libraries and cannot overwrite the folder.

Hope this helps,

Hayden

Thursday, November 22, 2018 11:03 PM

All replies

• interesting, this is not a typical error. Were you able to successfully run the Deployment Checker for Azure Stack?

Also, please review the Deployment Planning considerations to make sure that your server meets minimum requirements, and please provide the following information:

Build/Version:  

Get-Content "C:\CloudDeployment\Configuration\Version\version.xml"

Directory type: 

Azure AD or ADFS

Hardware: 

How many CPU Cores, RAM, Get-Disk output

Network: 

Static or DHCP.

The method used to access the Internet:

NAT, Web Proxy, Transparent  Proxy, DMZ or Closed

BareMetal or Nested Hyper-V:

Deployment parameters used:

In the interim, if you haven't already done so, try redeploying using the -rerun parameter.

NOTE: Make sure you are running the deployment as under the AzureStack\AzureStackAdmin account.

cd C:\CloudDeployment\setup

.\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -rerun

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:52 PM

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro Zapata

Hi Alejandro,

The easiest way to solve this problem in my case was to delete the C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\CoomputeControllerClientDependency folder then run InstallAzureStackPoc.ps1 -rerun -verbose.

The issue is that the script imports this module as part of the helper libraries and cannot overwrite the folder.

Hope this helps,

Hayden

Thursday, November 22, 2018 11:03 PM
  • Hello Hayden,

Thanks for your answers, I have finally deal with the problems and ASDK is running smoothly.

Regards.

Alejandro.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:14 AM