none
.net framework 3.5 setup - downloading RRS feed

• General discussion

• After starting the .net framework setup on my connection seemed to be hammering the download server.

I am aware it tries multiple download servers for best speed, but for fast connections (or maybe just mine) it seemed to download a lot more then it should have.

Im not sure but it seemed to cycle threads which all got stuck at about 80%. after that it looked like the server was ignoring me (maybe for hammering?)

If they were not different threads the setup probebly downloaded 300% as much data as the setup required (62megabytes) and took 6-8 minutes before actually started the install (while multiple threads were downloading confortably at 700Kbytes/s or more?) before all stopping. no software/hardware firewall and internet connection was never lost

Is this normal behaviour ?

- setup did not fail, this is not a request for assistance just an honoust question
    • Changed type Figo Fei Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:43 AM comment
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:10 PM

All replies

• What is your Windows version?

Can you try run the full package installation from .NET Framework 3.5 full package?

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    Friday, March 20, 2009 9:17 AM
  •  

We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post editor window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:43 AM