Tables at the bottom of the report RRS feed

• Question

• User-93449518 posted

Hi,

I'm having problems to set a table at the bottom of the report. First of all, i cant add a table at the footer of the report (it would be perfect for me but..). So i add a table at the report but i dont know how to show it at the bottom of the page. The think is that i have a total table (with variable records) that i have to show it at the last page and at the bottom of the page. But the first thing is move the table at the bottom of the page.

Moreover, i'm using the CountRows instruction. Can i count the rows of a group?

Thanks a lot!

Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:13 AM

All replies

• User-1098978317 posted

WHAT!!!!!!????

Ok please detail your problem like this and then i can help you but all I read in the above message was geberish.

Tables are easy and I can help but you need to detail your problem.

Platform? ex vb ,c++, 2008 2010, Etc

Specific problem?

What you are trying to accomplish?

and anything else you can think of such as a screen shot would be awesome and some code.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:30 AM
  • User-60558687 posted

You can add a table to report and have only shown once and also have it placed at the bottom of the report (will always be the last page).

Follow these steps:

1) Add the table and place at the bottom of the report and 

2) Go to Groups tabe and click on Details Grouping... button.

3) In the Details Grouping dialog set the Group On expression to a constant (For example: =1 ). This way the data in your table is ensured to be grouped and aggregated.

4) Just use the aggregate functions to show totals (for example: =Sum(Fields!Quantity.Value) ) and so on.

Play with the dialog boxes of the table control. You'll find the The dialogs I am talking about. Also check this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159169(v=SQL.90).aspx and the links within. 

To answer your second question:

The CountRows function can take a parameter that specifies the scope of which you would like to the rows. So if you a table with groups : GroupA and GroupB, =CountRows("GroupB") will return the rows in GroupB. Consult the documentation for more. Or post here if you further questions.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:54 AM
  • User-1098978317 posted

Very Good FileFoundException! You could understand that?? I guess I was confused as to what he or she was asking. I think he or she has her answer now. Thanks for helping him. I guess im just a tard this morning.LOL

Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:59 AM
  • User-93449518 posted

oh thanks! I was talking about RDLC reports.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:49 PM
  • User-93449518 posted

Thanks to reply me!

Yesterday I just tried this:

I created a group with "1" to ensured all my data at this group. But the question is:

i want to show my table at the bottom of the page like this:

title

----

text1

text2

text3

TABLE

Are you sure that i can do this just aggregating functions to show totals? I didnt understand your last step (step 4).

Thanks so much,

Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:57 PM
  • User-93449518 posted

The thing is that i want to show my table at the end of the page (footer page). I dont want to show this table in the middle of the page, etc..

Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:09 PM
  • User-60558687 posted

If you set the Group On expression for the Details group in the way I mentioned, the table will be rendered in the report just once. Now you can positition the table to be the very bottom of the report body in the designer and it should show like when the report is viewed.

Friday, November 4, 2011 2:19 AM
  • User-93449518 posted

Can I send you a picture of my report design to your email? Because I think I did what you explained me but the last table of the body sometimes appears in the middle of the page, sometimes in the top, etc... Depending if the preview table has more or less records, the next total table is printed more down or more up of the page.

Friday, November 4, 2011 3:34 AM
  • User-93449518 posted

Maybe i didnt explain good my scenario because this last table is variable (it's a total table of IVA but I add this records with a datatable). So, this is my scenario:

<HEADER>

TITLE

<BODY>

TITLE BODY

ONE TABLE WITH VARIABLE RECORDS

SECOND TABLE (3 OR 4 RECORDS)) WHICH I WANT TO PRINT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

<FOOTER PAGE>

EMPTY

<END>

Depending of the number of records of the first table, the second table appears in the middle of the page, or more down or more up if the first table has less records.

I created a group on the table detail and i add a sum function. I drop my second table at the bottom of the design body report. But the location of the second table depends of the first table.

Thanks again!

Friday, November 4, 2011 3:52 AM
  • User-93449518 posted

Here i go! This is my scenario:

http://www.sorlidiscau.es/img_comun/tablardlc.jpg

Friday, November 4, 2011 4:55 AM
  • User-60558687 posted

Go ahead upload a screenshot of your report in the design mode to a site like imgur.com or some similar site. Just make sure it does not contain sensitive info.

Just saw last post.

Friday, November 4, 2011 10:42 AM
  • User-60558687 posted

Get rid of the space in beween tables and controls (textboxes etc.) Drag your table and put at the very bottom. See if that helps. 

The idea is to basically compact your report in the design mode.

Friday, November 4, 2011 10:45 AM
  • User-93449518 posted

Thanks to reply me and thanks for your efforts.

I tried to compact all the controls and tables but it doesnt work. I think the problem is that that report doesnt know where the body will finish and that's why you cant used the global variables to know the page in the body, etc...

Even if i only show one table at the body, it seems imposible to print it at the end of the page (because i'm in the body).

But it's a pity I cant add a table at the page footer...

Friday, November 4, 2011 11:11 AM