none
Reports chaining RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to chain some reports togheter from inside a DO WHILE LOOP. Every thing is working fine but I can not close the print job. I can not use:

REPORT FORM MyReport NEXT 0 TO PRINTER, because I have more reports with different names...

How can I preview the "result of chaining" ? I mean the final report ....
    dni
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• AFAIK, there's no immediate way to put a series of reports into a single preview. You might be able to do something with a report listener. If it's possible, Cathy Pountney would be the one who knows how, so check her writings (including a white paper on the Microsoft VFP website).

Tamar
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:10 PM

• Thank you for your answer. I am using listener and if I choose output html is working fine, but graphics and color are distorted. The problem is that I have 2 reports from inside of a loop. I tried to use property AddReport but I got the error “Object is not contained in a form”. If I have one report is working report preview.

I was forced to split the report in 2 pieces to avoid bugs in reports. The initial report had 10 detail bands (one master table and 9 tables in relation). It is working fine until I add band 7. With band 7 bigger than 4 inches it appears blanks (more extra space) in band 1. If I add band 8 (assuming extra space) and check “Start on a new page” or  use a data group to start on a new page, band 1 has a erratic behavior and I also have the bug  KB897575. Ms provides a hotfix for that, but is designed before SP1. They said that is possible to be a variant in SP2. I also have http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=968409 and others not documented bugs.

So I did split report in 2 parts to avoid these things…but I found others….

dni
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:16 PM
  • Problem solved for unlimited reports number...working to finalize it....
    dni
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 7:37 PM