Publishing Sharepoint Web application content using Azure AD Application Proxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Please I need some help with this.I have a sharepoint Farm that consist  of multiple web applications that have multiple site collections.All site collections across web applications have been interwoven together using the term store global navigation options.As the sites have been used internally within my organisation till now, using the navigation links that cut across the different web application has worked.

We have just subscribed to Azure and we now want to publish our sites within the different web applications using the Azure AD Application proxy feature.I am able to publish each web application by extending them and configuring AAM with the provided proxy external addresses.It enables me to navigate site collections within the same web application.What it doesn't do is allow me navigate site collections accross web applications.This means for a user accessing a given site collection externally any links that navigate to sites within a different web application fail.

Is there a better way to publish my web application through Azure such that externally all links on a site accross multiple web applications work?

Thanks,

Dom  

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:46 AM

Answers

• Hi, Dom,

It seems you have published all needed web application in Azure AD, you may need to enable link translation for your web applications. Untranslated link will not work externally. When clicking a link in an application, Application Proxy tries to resolve the URL as either an internal URL within the same application, or as an externally available URL. If the link points to an internal URL that is not within the same application, it does not belong to either of these buckets and result in a not found error. 

There several options you can check. Please see the detailed information here: Links on the page don't work for an Application Proxy application

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by dnanna Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:33 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:18 AM