none
32 bit windows controls not in references. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok I hope I get this right. I have an old version of Access 2007 I think. I have used Office 365 Access to modify and clean up the code I also added a label to one of the forms. The issue is when I take the code back to the PC( an old laptop 32 bit, Win 10) where it is currently running I get a missing reference for Win Common Ctrls. It is looking for the 64 bit OCX file in wowsys64. I cannot get Office to keep the 32 bit reference file as it always reverts back to the 64 bit ver.  It appears this is also causing other issues such as the VBA LEFT function not being recognized. So I hope this makes some sense. 

Thanks in advance.

TheLimoCat

Update. So I went into References on the old LT and found and added the MISSING references. Works fine.

• Edited by thelimocat Saturday, September 15, 2018 10:03 PM
    Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a common problem when you make design changes to a database using a newer version of Access. It is highly recommended to only make design modifications using the oldest version needed to support all your users. In this case, Access 2007.

If you have a backup copy of the 2007 database file, I would suggest reverting back to it and re-add your design changes using Access 2007 only.

Just my 2 cents...

Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:43 AM