permission question RRS feed

• Question

• what all does the 'alter table' allow?    can you drop/add indexes to the table?    
    • Moved by Dan GuzmanMVP Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:09 PM move question to more appropriate forum
    Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:00 PM

Answers

• You can create and drop indexes, and create and drop columns, and truncate the table.  But you cannot drop the table.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

• Marked as answer by sqlguy10 Sunday, February 21, 2016 6:03 PM
    Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:59 PM
  • what all does the 'alter table' allow?    can you drop/add indexes to the table?    

Yes you can drop and create indexes on table. You can truncate a bale which is not bounded by constraints. For more details read the documentation Alter table 

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Sunday, February 21, 2016 5:09 AM

All replies

• You can create and drop indexes, and create and drop columns, and truncate the table.  But you cannot drop the table.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:59 PM

Yes you can drop and create indexes on table. You can truncate a bale which is not bounded by constraints. For more details read the documentation Alter table 

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Sunday, February 21, 2016 5:09 AM
  • Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. This can be closed.
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 6:05 PM