none
Program LED Display sign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Expert,

I need some serious suggestion on a requirement related to LED display boards.

Our warehouse wants to display Location, product information on LED signs which are auto

populated by computer data. This could be similar to Airport departure/arrival board but single or double line only.

The datasource could be XML,EDI or SQL server (I think I can program the data using ADO.NET).

I have no idea how you can program data to show up on LED.

Please let me know on this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• What is the interface on the LED dispay board.  What is the manufucaturer and Model?  Is it a serial com port, USB, Ethernet.

jdweng

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:27 PM
  • I am pretty sure its Ethernet. The company is not yet decided but I look at budgetlightening website for a TCP/IP configured LED signs.

I am wondering how can be they programmed for datasources automatically.

Could you please suggest some examples and best companies if you know?

Thanks in advance.

Inayat Syed

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Read the manual below

http://www.budgetlighting.com/gfx/svv/zip1/led-signs-single-line-editor/LED-Signs-User-Manual-Software-Single-Line-Programmable-v4.pdf

It looks like you can either upload a file uisng TCP.  You have to create messages as save each messagge into a file.  Then upload the file.  YOU should ask the question to the vendor because there may be other methods.

jdweng

• Marked as answer by Inayat Rasool Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:35 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:19 PM
  • Joel,

I emailed the vendor to give me information about the dataaccess and programming. Hope they get back to me with appropriate details.

Is there a best vendor who matches with my requirements? Hoping you know this.

Thanks

Inayat Syed

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:36 PM