none
Command line arguments for Open XML SDK v2.5 Productivity Tool? RRS feed

• Question

• Does the Open XML SDK v2.5 Productivity Tool support start-up arguments/switches?

I'd like to know if there's something of this nature available:

OpenXmlSdkTool.exe /compare file1.docx file2.docx

Something like this would be really helpful.

Friday, February 12, 2016 11:48 AM

Answers

• Using something like Reflector or dotPeek, you can look at the code for the tool.  Doing so shows that the tool itself doesn't use any command line arguments but does pass them on to any add-ins that it finds and loads.  However, there don't appear to be any add-ins that I could find so, no use of command line arguments anywhere.

• Proposed as answer by EWoodruff Monday, February 15, 2016 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by GabrielSandor Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:24 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 4:47 PM

All replies

• >>>Does the Open XML SDK v2.5 Productivity Tool support start-up arguments/switches?

According to your description, as far as I know that the Open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool for Microsoft Office provides a number of features designed to improve your productivity and accelerate your learning while working with the SDK and Open XML files. Features include the ability to generate Open XML SDK 2.5 source code based on document content, compare source and target Open XML documents to reveal differences and to generate source code to create the target from the source, validate documents, and display documentation for the Open XML SDK 2.5 Classes, the ECMA376v1 standard, and the Microsoft Office implementation notes.

I don't find any information and article about Open XML SDK v2.5 Productivity Tool support start-up arguments/switches. So I suggest that  you could submit any feedback to this below link:

https://github.com/OfficeDev/Open-XML-SDK/issues?page=2&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks for your understanding.

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Thank you David for your reply.

I don't know how helpful it would be to submit feedback to the link you provided, since the GitHub repository contains only the source for Open XML SDK, but not for Open XML SDK Productivity Tool, which apparently is still closed-source.

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:35 AM
  • Using something like Reflector or dotPeek, you can look at the code for the tool.  Doing so shows that the tool itself doesn't use any command line arguments but does pass them on to any add-ins that it finds and loads.  However, there don't appear to be any add-ins that I could find so, no use of command line arguments anywhere.

• Proposed as answer by EWoodruff Monday, February 15, 2016 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by GabrielSandor Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:24 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Hi, GabrielSandor

You maybe could  use a small command line utility (OpenXmlDiff.Exe) that compares two Open XML documents and produces a textual report of the differences in markup between them.

For more information, click here to refer about OpenXmlDiff.Exe: A Utility to Find the Differences Between Two Open XML Documents

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:12 AM