none
How do I create a form that data entry relies on a combobox? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form with fields to enter dollar amounts for each month for the next 2 years.  I am wanting to make the month a combobox that when a specific month is selected, the data that is entered goes to that month in its specific table.  Can anyone help with this? 

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:36 PM

Answers

• Hi jhenr78,

you had mentioned that you had 2 forms, if both the forms have same fields then you can combine them both in one form and you can place 2 buttons. 1 for insert new record and 2 for update existing record.

the other thing you had mentioned that you want to insert data for month in specific table based on combobox value.

at the place where you insert the value for month at that place you can mentioned combobox.value in query so the selected value will be inserted in the table.

for more detail reply it is better if you show us your table.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi. What is your table structure? Is the form used to enter "new" data? If so, you might be able to use the Combobox to set the Default Value for the "month" field.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:47 PM
  • I have two forms that I will want to use this one.  One is a "new" data form, but I will also have an "update" form to edit existing records.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Hi jhenr78,

you had mentioned that you had 2 forms, if both the forms have same fields then you can combine them both in one form and you can place 2 buttons. 1 for insert new record and 2 for update existing record.

the other thing you had mentioned that you want to insert data for month in specific table based on combobox value.

at the place where you insert the value for month at that place you can mentioned combobox.value in query so the selected value will be inserted in the table.

for more detail reply it is better if you show us your table.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 3:08 AM