Need to publish an ASP.NET(2015 VS) project as website in IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User1182587605 posted

Hi,

Can anyone please explain me the steps in order to publish a website from Visual studio 2015, I need a clear cut description, The hosted application should be accessible with the following sample URL:

109.123.12.12/Costing

Whereas costing is the project name I need to give to the application. Please help me.I know this is simple but I need this in specific.

Regards,

Deepak  

Sunday, October 23, 2016 1:09 PM

Answers

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Deepak,

Configure the IIS Website

To create and configure an IIS website

1. On the local file system, create a folder to store your content (for example, D:\DemoSite).
    2. On the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    3. In IIS Manager, in the Connections pane, expand the server node.
    4. Right-click the Sites node, and then click Add Web Site.
    5. In the Site name box, type a name for the IIS website (for example, DemoSite).
    6. In the Physical path box, type (or browse to) the path to your local folder (for example, D:\DemoSite).
    7. In the Port box, type the port number on which you want to host the website (for example, 8006).

8. Right click "DemoSite" node, and then click Add application.
    9. In the Alias, type a name "Costing".
    10. In the Physical path, select project path.

11. Browse

reference: https://www.asp.net/web-forms/overview/deployment/configuring-server-environments-for-web-deployment/configuring-a-web-server-for-web-deploy-publishing-remote-agent 

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 9:42 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Deepak,

Configure the IIS Website

To create and configure an IIS website

1. On the local file system, create a folder to store your content (for example, D:\DemoSite).
    2. On the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    3. In IIS Manager, in the Connections pane, expand the server node.
    4. Right-click the Sites node, and then click Add Web Site.
    5. In the Site name box, type a name for the IIS website (for example, DemoSite).
    6. In the Physical path box, type (or browse to) the path to your local folder (for example, D:\DemoSite).
    7. In the Port box, type the port number on which you want to host the website (for example, 8006).

8. Right click "DemoSite" node, and then click Add application.
    9. In the Alias, type a name "Costing".
    10. In the Physical path, select project path.

11. Browse

reference: https://www.asp.net/web-forms/overview/deployment/configuring-server-environments-for-web-deployment/configuring-a-web-server-for-web-deploy-publishing-remote-agent 

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 9:42 AM
  • User1182587605 posted

Thanks for the reply Chris,

I have used your post for my response

Friday, October 28, 2016 9:41 AM