none
Read xls (97-2003) files with Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded our batch server to Windows 2012, a 64 bit OS. One batch job was reading XLS files (97-2003) with the Jet engine. The Jet engine was not installed on the Windows 2012 server. The program was changed to use the Microsoft ACE provider but now a connection to the Excel files cannot be established. The program dies on the connect and the Try/CATCH shows Error# 0, SQLSTATE is blank and the message is Unspecified error.

The connection string I am using is. Well I cannot paste it into this field and it is too long to type.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Veeves2,

Please check below site to get the right connection string to connect Excel(97-2003) file.

https://www.connectionstrings.com/ace-oledb-12-0/

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\myFolder\myOldExcelFile.xls;
    Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=YES";

If you have any other concern regarding this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 17, 2015 9:02 AM