none
how to increase the font size in VS studio RRS feed

• Question

• accidently, i pressed some keys, in my VS 2017, when i do the development , and the fotn size has reduced to almost nil!!

how to increase the font size for the VS 2017 editor?

i went to environment--> increased to 14, but when i opened a new solution-  new console appln- and again its shown the same small font size!! 

Friday, May 24, 2019 6:51 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, you cut of the numbers in the lower left corner of not only the editor window, but the package manager window too.

As you can see from the screenshots, the size of the text is proportional to this number. The first screenshot is 100%, and the second is 68% and looks smaller. This is the magnification/zoom of Visual Studio so naturally, the lower it is, the smaller (further away) things look, and the larger it is, the larger (closer) things look.

So set it to 100%. You can either click on the little down arrow to the right of the number and select 100% from the menu that appears, or you can hold down Ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel up.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Edited by Darran Rowe Friday, May 24, 2019 7:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by SaMolPP Friday, May 24, 2019 7:28 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 7:16 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, you cut of the numbers in the lower left corner of not only the editor window, but the package manager window too.

As you can see from the screenshots, the size of the text is proportional to this number. The first screenshot is 100%, and the second is 68% and looks smaller. This is the magnification/zoom of Visual Studio so naturally, the lower it is, the smaller (further away) things look, and the larger it is, the larger (closer) things look.

So set it to 100%. You can either click on the little down arrow to the right of the number and select 100% from the menu that appears, or you can hold down Ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel up.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Edited by Darran Rowe Friday, May 24, 2019 7:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by SaMolPP Friday, May 24, 2019 7:28 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 7:16 AM
  • thanks  much, Darran!! that solved my issue.
    Friday, May 24, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hi SaMolPP,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

We are so glad to hear that your issue is solved and thanks for Darran's solution.

If you have any other issues int the future, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:39 AM