Creating web jobs / scheduler programatically RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts, i'm losing more days on this task. your small information will help me. 

I have a local IIS website from this asp.net site, I want to enter a job name and choose OnDemand or Continuous option and create a webjob for this. The zip file is already in a fixed location, so I will hardcode the path for that. 

Since it is a website in my machine and Azure is a cloud, i have textboxes to enter username and password to authenticate. 

So this is what I want to do, with the help of C# i want to authenticate to the azure with the username and password that is in textbox and create a webjob and schedule it . Is this doable and have any example/article . I tried some code for creating webjob programatically and dynamically scheduler API, but im not getting anything success, not sure whether im on right path. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Thanks, Saravanan PRS

Monday, December 14, 2015 1:58 PM

All replies

• Please see the documentation for an alternate way to schedule your WebJob using a CRON expression. With that approach, your WebJob schedule is defined in a small file that you deploy alongside your app, so there is no need to use the scheduler API.

David

Monday, December 14, 2015 7:29 PM
  • I need to do those programatically. 100% . Not even a single step should be manual. Is the link has info about that? Looks like an another way for webjob 

Thanks, Saravanan PRS

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:16 PM
  • With the new approach, the schedule is part of the site files. So automating is becomes the same as automating your WebAPp & WebJobs deployment. i.e. there is no longer anything special about the scheduler.
    Monday, December 14, 2015 9:19 PM