way to use indian time convention in project based on sql server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• User439135325 posted

In bangalore educational institution Biometric machine punch data log gives staff punching details. The working hours is from 9.00am to 4.30pm. We want to identify the staff, who are coming late or leaving early. I want to use mssql server 2016 for the project. Does it support time handling operations for this scenario. 

Monday, August 13, 2018 4:28 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

In bangalore educational institution Biometric machine punch data log gives staff punching details. The working hours is from 9.00am to 4.30pm. We want to identify the staff, who are coming late or leaving early. I want to use mssql server 2016 for the project. Does it support time handling operations for this scenario. 

malathip, T-SQL has date and time functions as well as date and time types.  This is openly published information.  The information is not hidden in anyway and very easy to find.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/datetime-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017

Can you explain the problem you are trying to solve, the code you have written, and any problems or errors you are receiving?

Monday, August 13, 2018 12:45 PM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi malathip,

You had asked that,"Biometric machine punch data log gives staff punching details. The working hours is from 9.00am to 4.30pm. We want to identify the staff, who are coming late or leaving early. "

MS SQL supports time related operations. From your description, I can see that you are using Bio metric scanner.

You need to check that the scanner you are using  comes with any SDK or not.

With that SDK, You will be able to read and process data then you can enter those data in your database.

Some of the example of SDK you can get from link below.

C# ZKTeco Biometric Device Getting Started

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:25 AM