none
Recent computer, .NET Framework problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, so I'm really unsure of what is causing this but hopefully someone here can shed light on the situation. I start by downloading ANY .NET framework package (3.0, 3.5) and it downloads in under a few seconds. I try to open it and it shows up as being run, but the installation screen never appears. I redownload it and click the dupe file (dotnetfx35 (1)) and it finally goes to the installation screen, but when I get ready to download the files it shows up as 0.00 file size for all options, and if I do go through with downloading the files it just gives me 'Setup Error'.

I've had this problem since day 1 with this new computer and its something I'd really like to get solved so please, if you have a solution I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance

Monday, April 12, 2010 10:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Eskimoose,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

For your concern, could you please try to download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) and install it with Administrator Privilege? Does it work?

If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:04 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:03 AM
  • Hi eskimoose,

You can try to install .NET latest version using WPI .

Reply if success.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:55 AM
    Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:33 AM
  • Maybe you have a problem with your antivirus-software? The file musn't have 0KB.

Did you try it with the Windows Update plattform?

If it fail then try the new Windows Web Installer. There you can choose the most popular downloads. It's a great nice platform to download recently needed windows products.

regards

martinwy

Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:55 AM