Tools for testing Xamarin UI on many Devices RRS feed

• Question

• User309598 posted

Hello Everyone! I need to testing one xamarin application UI on various Devices (Android and IOS ). But I don't want to create thousands virtual Devices in Visual Studio and then testing UI on each of them. I heard, that Xamarin Test Cloud can help with it, but Im absolutely do not know how to start? Have any one some manual or simple Example ? Thanks!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:57 PM

Answers

• User162820 posted

Xamarin Test Cloud has been superseded by VS App Center, and it's really (really) easy to get up and running (for free). Here's a Channel 9 video that should help on UI testing specifically: Automate app UI tests with Visual Studio App Center

And here's one of their example repositories, with App Center setup: App Center Sample App

Hope that helps!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:08 PM
  • User89714 posted

@XcodXam - Be aware that if you add UWP (or Tizen, Mac etc) support to your app in future, any Xamarin.UITest code that you build is not currently usable for testing on those other platforms. There is talk of adding UWP support to UITest, but when it will appear is currently unknown (to me at least).

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:51 PM

All replies

• User162820 posted

Xamarin Test Cloud has been superseded by VS App Center, and it's really (really) easy to get up and running (for free). Here's a Channel 9 video that should help on UI testing specifically: Automate app UI tests with Visual Studio App Center

And here's one of their example repositories, with App Center setup: App Center Sample App

Hope that helps!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:08 PM
  • User309598 posted

@rseostar said: Xamarin Test Cloud has been superseded by VS App Center, and it's really (really) easy to get up and running (for free). Here's a Channel 9 video that should help on UI testing specifically: Automate app UI tests with Visual Studio App Center

Hope that helps!

So, I need only my Xamarin App and Xamarin.UITest App. Then, I load both in to the VS App Center, and than I can test UI on All Devices ? That is enough for me?

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:43 PM
  • User89714 posted

@XcodXam - Be aware that if you add UWP (or Tizen, Mac etc) support to your app in future, any Xamarin.UITest code that you build is not currently usable for testing on those other platforms. There is talk of adding UWP support to UITest, but when it will appear is currently unknown (to me at least).

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:51 PM
  • User309598 posted

@JohnHardman But if I have only ios and Android, then I can use Xamarin.UITest in VS App Center for my Xamarin Application ?

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:30 PM
  • User89714 posted

@XcodXam - Yes. Just alerting you in case you might need to support other platforms in future.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:32 PM