none
MS-WOPI with authentication RRS feed

• Question

• After reading this blog article, I managed to implement a WOPI host based on a SAP server document store. It's working well but I wonder if it is possible to let the WAC server do any kind of authentication when calling the WOPI host to get file metadata (checkFileInfo) or file content. Is there any possibility to put a client certificate on the WAC server and have it send to my WOPI host or do the Office Web Apps support SAML authentication? Of course the access token and access token ttl are in place to secure the WOPI endpoint on the SAP server, but customers request additional authentication of the WAC server against their SAP system.

We tried to put a client certificate on the WAC server IIS, but couldn't get it to be sent with the WOPI requests. Sadly I found nothing on the web, any help would be great! Thank you in advance!

Regards

TinoB

Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi TinoB,

This is forum is for developers disscussing the issues about apps for Office.

The apps for Office platform lets you create engaging new consumer and enterprise experiences running within supported Office 2013 applications by using the power of the web and standard web technologies like HTML5, XML, CSS3, JavaScript, and REST APIs. You can use your existing knowledge of these web technologies to quickly build your apps.( more detail please to see What is an app for Office)

Since the issue is relate to Office Web apps, I suggest you Office Web Apps forum to get more effective response.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi TinoB,

This is forum is for developers disscussing the issues about apps for Office.

The apps for Office platform lets you create engaging new consumer and enterprise experiences running within supported Office 2013 applications by using the power of the web and standard web technologies like HTML5, XML, CSS3, JavaScript, and REST APIs. You can use your existing knowledge of these web technologies to quickly build your apps.( more detail please to see What is an app for Office)

Since the issue is relate to Office Web apps, I suggest you Office Web Apps forum to get more effective response.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:23 AM
  • Thank you Fei, I will head over there.
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:55 PM