none
Missing Hyper-V counters in Perfmon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am currently reviewing the metrics available for each of the Hyper-V counters.  I am logged in as an Administrator, but when I try to view them via Perfmon a number of counters appear to be missing.  The list below is for the "Hyper-V Hypervisor Logical Processor" Counter.

% C1 Time
    % C2 Time
    % C3 Time
    % Guest Run Time
    % Hypervisor Run Time
    % Idle Time
    % Total Run Time
    C1 Transitions/sec
    C2 Transitions/sec
    C3 Transitions/sec
    Context Switch Time
    Context Switches/sec
    Global Time
    Guest Run Time
    Hardware Interrupts/sec
    Hypervisor Run Time
    Idle Time
    Inter-Processor Interrupts Sent/sec
    Inter-Processor Interrupts/sec
    Monitor Transition Cost
    Processor Halts/sec
    Scheduler Interrupts/sec
    Timer Interrupts/sec
    Total Interrupts/sec
    Total Run Time

The entries in bold are not visible in Perfmon; has anyone else had this issue or have any idea what the cause may be.

Many Thanks
    Friday, September 26, 2008 8:51 AM

All replies

• The folks most likely to be able to answer your question hang out in another forum.

As of 8/22/2008 this forum is de-comissioned, and there's pretty much nobody minding this particular MSDN forum..  all the virtualization support is over in the technet form

http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/winserverhyperv/threads/

(note the pinned message at the top of the forum that they are de-commissioning these on the 22nd of Aug 2008)

I don't know why there were two 'competing' forums but that's what somehow happened, the majority of the experts were hanging out in the technet area, which probably makes more sense in the long run since virtualization isn't limited to developers or those involved in the development propcess..  So Technet does make a better home for the forum.   In any event that's where all the action is.

Further discussion of this issue should be moved to the technet virtulization forum.

Monday, September 29, 2008 9:58 PM