none
"Property value is not valid" error when setting ReferenceAssemblyFromVbaProject RRS feed

• Question

• In my VSTO project with Excel 2007 when I set ReferenceAssemblyFromVbaProject to true in Visual Studio, I get a popup error message that says "Property value is not valid". When I click the Details button it says Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A802D. What property has the invalid value?

I wonder if this is related to a problem in the Excel VBA editor, where the error "Can't find project or library" recently began occurring on the following line of code:

Property Get CallVSTOAssembly() As ShipdebitClaimProcessor.ThisWorkbook

Monday, March 21, 2011 8:47 PM

All replies

• I wonder if this is related to a problem in the Excel VBA editor, where the error "Can't find project or library" recently began occurring on the following line of code:

If You open the workbook in Excel, switch over to the VB Editor, select the command Tools > References... from the commandbar. Do You see any option "ISMISSING" or "MISSING" in the list of libraries (I can't remember right now the correct name for it). If it exist then uncheck it, save the workbook and test if the message is gone or not.

Kind regards, Dennis (http://xldennis.wordpress.com/)
    Monday, March 21, 2011 9:35 PM
  • When I open it on another PC, where I've retrieved it from the ClickOnce published location, I see that under Tools> References it has a reference to my customization dll created by VSTO for VBA interop. It does say Missing, and the path is invalid. It points to where the dll existed on my development PC, in the bin folder where Visual Studio compiled it. That location doesn't exist on this test PC or on the user's PC. Shouldn't it point to the ClickOnce Cache instead, under documents and settings/local settings? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/267k390a%28v=VS.90%29.aspx

Could its failure to point there have its root in the "Property Value is Not Valid" error that occurs when I try to toggle ReferenceAssemblyFromVbaProject?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:34 PM