What can you do with an account with ea.azure.com privileges? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I’ve been taking a look at the ea.azure.com portal and I’ve been reading a little documentation across the internet – yet I still don’t understand the scope and capabilities of the portal and the users within.

Do users in there, for example, have the right to create/delete global administrator accounts on the Azure platform  (e.g. Azure Active Directory, Azure, etc).  Or is the limit of their power to simply work with licensing and agreements? What is the risk if someone does compromise one of the accounts with rights in this portal?

Sunday, April 19, 2015 5:16 AM

Answers

• So I got my own answer eventually.

As the EA can set the account owner for Azure AD, and the service administrator (which is a global admin / set them), then they are effectively a global admin.

• Marked as answer by Gareth.T Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:25 PM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Mekh Subba Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sowmya K R Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Gareth.T Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:30 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 12:06 PM
  • Thanks, I'll have a look.  We have an onboarding session next week to address, I'll learn more then and I can decide if that gives me all of the information I need.  If not, I'll try to also post any documentation that they provide.

In the meantime, I have confirmed that yes - they do have those rights.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:46 PM
  • It doesn't answer the question yet - does the EA or any account owner have rights to AAD premium? If Azure Active Directory (or premium) is a service, doesn't that mean the EA account has rights there?
    Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:35 PM
  • So I got my own answer eventually.

As the EA can set the account owner for Azure AD, and the service administrator (which is a global admin / set them), then they are effectively a global admin.

• Marked as answer by Gareth.T Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:25 PM