none
Example of a Kinect for Windows v2 WORKING RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi !

Apparently a lot of users (me too...) are experiencing issues to get their Kinect for Windows v2 working.

In my case, it doesn't work with my main computer, but it DOES WORK perfectly with my Surface Pro. As I've seen many users in this forum asking how a working Kinect looks like (LEDs, etc.), I thought it will be a good idea to share some information :

• When plugging the USB 3.0 cable of the Kinect into the Surface Pro USB port, I hear the sound indicating that the device as been detected.
      At this time, the Kinect shows no signs (fan not working, LEDs are inactive...), because it is still OFF.

• To turn it ON, you have to either Run a sample from the SDK Browser 2.0 or open Kinect Studio 2.0, and hit the button "Connect to target".

Here's an example using Kinect Studio 2.0 :

• Opening Kinect Studio :
      - it says "Not connected" and there is nothing under "Monitorable Streams",
      - the Kinect is still OFF

• Now I click the "Connect to target" button (red arrow on the picture above) :
      - Kinect Studio says "Monitoring" and there is something under "Monitorable streams"
      - The Kinect is ON (the three IR lights on the middle are red in reality)

Hope that helps !

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:02 PM