SharePoint and InfoPath RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a quiz in SharePoint. I have also created a certificate for an assoicate if test is passed. My question is how can i write a workflow to send the certificate with their name already on it OR send a link to the infoPath filler so that they can have it emailed to themself? is this even possible or maybe someone has a different idea. I only have SharePoint Designer so I can't create a custom job in Visual studio.

Thank you

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:02 PM

All replies

• How is your score collated in the form?  I'm thinking that if it's collated within your InfoPath form you can use this to trigger a workflow.

Lets say that you total a score of 80 out of 100.  InfoPath works this out and posts it to a SharePoint Library column.  An attached workflow can trigger if it's above a certain value. 

Your certificate, if it's based in word will haver access to something called Quick Parts.  These can be plugged into various fields in SharePoint.  An additional step in a potential workflow can be to generate a new item in a list, with this template set as a content type.

Might take some fine tuning, but might be a good starting place.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:55 PM
    Answerer