none
Crystal Report Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping someone can help me with this rather frustrating CR issue I am having.  I'll give a 40,000 foot view for now and expand as necessary.  I have a VS2010 VB.Net project that uses Crystal Report XI (R1 with SP4) that runs on an Windows XP (SP3) machine both within the development environment and as a compiled application (compiled as an x86 app, and using .Net 4).  This is an app used for a manufacturing process that creates shop orders and/or reprints existing ones.  With that said, what I've been trying to do for the past few days is to get a working version for both Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit).  Some of the things I've tried are: compile as x64 with different versions of .Net, publish the project along with manifests then try to install and run (on the Win 7 64-bit machine only), and various attempts at running the app in different compatibility modes.  One of the many weird parts to this story is that the program will run on all the versions of Windows for certain part #'s, but there are some that cause it to crash in Windows 7 only.  I have .Net 4, and Crystal Reports R1 with SP4 installed on my Windows 7 (64-bit) but am receiving the following error intermittently:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException was unhandled
      Message=
    Error in File C:\Users\CHRISL\AppData\Local\Temp\temp_c8e99aed-5c88-44c1-aece-99e709d1e155 {5F4F4289-6C77-4E05-81C2-38AAEE8CF7DA}.rpt:
    The request could not be submitted for background processing.
      Source=CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion
      StackTrace:
           at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)
           at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext)
           at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.PrintPageEventHandler(Object sender, PrintPageEventArgs e)
           at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.OnPrintPage(PrintPageEventArgs e)
           at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument._OnPrintPage(PrintPageEventArgs e)
           at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.PrintLoop(PrintDocument document)
           at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.Print(PrintDocument document)
           at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.Print()
           at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.PrintToPrinter(Int32 nCopies, Boolean collated, Int32 startPageN, Int32 endPageN)
           at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.PrintToPrinter(Int32 nCopies, Boolean collated, Int32 startPageN, Int32 endPageN)
           at SOGenerator.frmMain.PrintPicklistAndTravelers(Int32 intSONumber, String strPart, Int32 intBuildQuantity, DateTime datCreationDateTime, String strNotes, String strEmployeeName, Boolean blnIsReprint, Boolean blnPrintPicklist, Boolean blnPrintTravelers) in C:\PROJECTS\SOGenerator\v1.0.0.9\SOGenerator\frmMain.vb:line 433
           at SOGenerator.frmMain.PrintPicklistAndTravelers(SO objSO, Boolean blnIsReprint, Boolean blnPrintPicklist, Boolean blnPrintTravelers) in C:\PROJECTS\SOGenerator\v1.0.0.9\SOGenerator\frmMain.vb:line 265
           at SOGenerator.frmMain.cmdReprint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\PROJECTS\SOGenerator\v1.0.0.9\SOGenerator\frmMain.vb:line 168
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
           at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
           at SOGenerator.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
           at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
           at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
           at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.Run(Boolean checkAptModel)
           at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.ExecuteAsAssembly()
           at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext, String[] activationCustomData)
           at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext)
           at System.Activator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssemblyDebugInZone()
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
           ErrorCode=-2147482963
           Message=
    Error in File C:\Users\CHRISL\AppData\Local\Temp\temp_c8e99aed-5c88-44c1-aece-99e709d1e155 {5F4F4289-6C77-4E05-81C2-38AAEE8CF7DA}.rpt:
    The request could not be submitted for background processing.
           Source=rptcontrollers.dll
           StackTrace:
                at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.GetPage(PageRequestContext pPageRequestContext)
                at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext)
           InnerException: 

• Moved by Youen Zen Monday, March 19, 2012 6:38 AM To provide better support (From:Visual Basic General)
    Friday, March 16, 2012 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Ctmcklowe96,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

You issue is mainly related to report control, so I will move this thread to Visual Studio Report Controls forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by Youen Zen Monday, March 19, 2012 6:38 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 6:37 AM
  • I found this problem when IIS user doesnt have permission to write any file on '\Windows\Temp' directory.

When we generate crystal report then it automatically create a temporary file on that directory if it cannot then it gives above error maybe.

Hasibul Haque,MCC,MCPD hasibulhaque.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:03 AM
  • I realize it has been several days since I've posted a response but if memory serves me correctly, this issue came down to a missing OLE object within the report.  Once re-established the report printed.  Thanks for the help and next time I have a CR issue I will put it in the correct forum.
    Friday, March 23, 2012 8:11 PM