an "X' mark displayed in a column RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a database and I am displaying the data stored using a GRIDVIEW. While configuring the data source, when it asks to configure the select statement, I select all the columns and test the query. When tested, one of the columns shows an 'X' mark. Why is it so?What is the reason?

Please help.

• Changed type KJian_ Monday, January 9, 2012 7:23 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 6:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Rockypass,

What are the data types of the table columns? Could you please show us the table DDL, sample data and upload a screenshot?

This forum is for posting questions about data access to SQL Server. From your description, I think your question/problem is related to ASP.NET SqlDataSource and GridView control configuration. If so, I would suggest you start a new thread in ASP.NET Forums for more help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:24 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:24 AM

All replies

• Wild guess: Is one of the columns a bit data type with a value of 1 (TRUE or yes)? Perhaps your grid control knows there are only two possible states (stored as 1 or 0 and sometimes expressed as TRUE or FALSE or YES or NO), and the grid indicates that the bit value as an X or without an X.

Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty
    • Proposed as answer by Papy Normand Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:04 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Hi Rockypass,

What are the data types of the table columns? Could you please show us the table DDL, sample data and upload a screenshot?

This forum is for posting questions about data access to SQL Server. From your description, I think your question/problem is related to ASP.NET SqlDataSource and GridView control configuration. If so, I would suggest you start a new thread in ASP.NET Forums for more help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:24 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:24 AM