none
"crtdbg.h" No such file or directory error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to build a code using VS 2008 professional and windows CE 6.0 SDK.

I am getting one error fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'crtdbg.h': No such file or directory. I have included the following paths in the Tools ->options->VC++ Directories->Include files$(VCInstallDir)ce\include
    C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\SDKs\Toradex_CE600\include\ARMv4I
    C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\SDKs\Toradex_CE600\include
    $(VCInstallDir)ce\atlmfc\include
    $(VSInstallDir)SmartDevices\SDK\SQL Server\Mobile\v3.0

Tools ->options->VC++ Directories->Include files$(VCInstallDir)ce\Library filesC:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\SDKs\Toradex_CE600\lib\ARMv4I
    $(VCInstallDir)ce\atlmfc\lib\ARMv4I
    $(VCInstallDir)ce\lib\ARMv4I

Tools ->options->VC++ Directories->Include files$(VCInstallDir)ce\source filesC:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include
    $(VCInstallDir)ce\atlmfc\src\atl
    $(VCInstallDir)ce\atlmfc\src\mfc
    $(VCInstallDir)ce\crt\src

Also the solution->properties->Debug source files has the following paths.

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\crt\src\
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc\
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl\
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\include\
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include

This file is used in my startup project. My solution has 10 projects(MFC static library). 9 out of 10 are successfully compiled. Just this project is giving this error. Can you please help me.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• It's located in your "Windows Kits" folder

Say, "Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.10240.0\ucrt" or "Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\km\crt"

You get the idea. I'm not sure but maybe you can try finding the file in subfolders in "C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\SDKs\Toradex_CE600\include"

EDIT: Btw you can find tutorials on their website, as well as link to their support community there.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Its not a part of windows sdk.

Its found in 2 locations

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\crt\src

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include. If i add these paths in my include directory, i get more errors. So i declared it in the solution->properties->Debug source files.

Please tell me what is going wrong here.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:07 AM
  • I'm not telling you to use the header file in Windows SDK, just to give you the idea of what kind of folder to look for it.

And don't use the version that come with VS2008, use the version which come with WinCE SDK or embedded C++ instead. The content (including the DLL names of corresponding WinAPI to call with. Say the "Big 3 DLL" kernel, user and gdi are significantly trimmed and merged into coredll.dll) are different.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:21 PM
    Answerer