WinJS XHR Access Denied

Question

• Guys, not sure where to ask this question. It is about WinJs, using in Web Apps. I am trying to use WinJS which is on Git hub now. What I am doing is trying to move my code which I have for Windows Store App to the Web app. Everything seems to be working, except WinJs.XHR. I get Access Denied and I understand why - cross origin policy. But how it is implemented in Windows Store App that I dont have any problems calling SP services?

Thanks

Nick

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:09 AM

All replies

• First, I am confused about your porting effort - you're moving code out of a Windows Store app into a web app?

Second, Web apps and JS Store apps are very different when it comes to cross-origin - Store apps don't have an origin like web apps do.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:18 PM
  • Hi Matt!

Thank you for your reply. I will explain you. I have a windows store app which works with SharePoint using client object model - getting sites and lists from those sites and so on. What I need now is to build a web application which is doing just the same. I want to have a web app which will be published somewhere on web server and accessing a sharepoint. 

Thanks

Nick

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:22 PM