Multi Line Text Fields on custom forms not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• I know that custom forms tend to have some bugs (attachments not working, required field validation not working...) that you have to find work arounds for but I still have yet to even find anyone else with the problem below...

I have a set of custom forms to be used for approving order requests. The form is basically set up with a display view at the top and an edit view at the bottom. When a new item is created and a link is entered into the multi line text field (plain text) it does not show as an acitve link---i get that...makes sense. I then get an email requesting my review of the newly submitted item and when I click the link to the custom edit form the link that was entered and should show in the display view at the top still does not show as an active link.

The only place the link is active is on the actual page with the list view OR on the original dispform. Is this just another one of those things that happens when the form is customized? Does anyone know a fix for this? I would love to be able to click the link instead of constantly copying and pasting...

Thanks!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:38 AM NEVER try to attract attention to your posts with trailing ... in the title.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• Sorry. I wasnt trying to attract attention. It was a typo. Thanks for the heads up though!
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:30 PM