The command failed because the database mirror is busy. Reissue the command later. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear all,

If you have a SQL Server 2005 in safe mode with MIRROR (two servers + witness) and for somehow your active server ran out of disc space and your database mirror stop syncing and when you get back online you receive the following error message, when you try to start sync your mirror again: "The command failed because the database mirror is busy. Reissue the command later."

The only method I found out to solve this issue was:

1) Stop SQL Service in the MIRRORED server

2) Delete the .MDF and .LDF of the Mirrored database

3) Start the SQL Service again, you will see a online database with the same name of your mirrored database in your list of databases

4) Delete this database

5) Full Backup + Full Log of the ACTIVE database

6) Restore you set of backup from the active database that you want to mirror again into the mirrored server with the RESTORE WITH NO RECOVERY option set

7) Start mirroring again and you will see your database Mirrored/Synchronized

I share this with you folks because I try several options to start the mirror back again even with the ALTER DATABASE db SET PARTNER OFF in the mirror database and it didn't worked out.

So I hope this guide can help you if you have the same problem as I

Best Regards,

Raphael Thadeu Hellwald Barini
    Transcript ID (666873)
    Access Code (15071982)
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/transcripts

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="392px" height="177px" src="https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/barini/interactivecard"></iframe>

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:25 AM

All replies

• Thanks for that Raphael Thadeu . But is it simple re-creating  a mirroring again , meaning start the process with 4. in your list?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:42 AM
  • Thanks for that Raphael Thadeu . But is it simple re-creating  a mirroring again , meaning start the process with 4. in your list?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:42 AM