Setting the Start Date of a Task RRS feed

• Question

• In VBA, how do I set the Start Date of a task?  I simply cannot find the syntax for this. 

I have looked for the answer to this question using Google, but I cannot find it.  I am new to using VBA in Project.

Thanks, Alan

Monday, November 15, 2010 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Alan,

The true answer is: you do not set the start date of a task in Project, Project will calculate it.

However, you can steer Project's calculations in many ways. I think your idea is to use constraints.

These are the possibilities

TheTask.Start= ...

Mind you, this SETS A CONSTRAINT OF START NO EARLIER THAN;, not of Must Start on as you might expect. Thus you could also use

TheTask.Constrainttype=pjSNET

Followed by Thetask.constraintdate=...

If you really want to fix the start date such that relationships or resource problems cannot move it you use

TheTask.Constrainttype=pjMSO

Thetask.Constraintdate=...

Hope this helps,

Monday, November 15, 2010 9:08 AM

All replies

• I forgot to mention: I am using Project 2007.

Alan

Monday, November 15, 2010 2:00 AM
  • Hi Alan,

The true answer is: you do not set the start date of a task in Project, Project will calculate it.

However, you can steer Project's calculations in many ways. I think your idea is to use constraints.

These are the possibilities

TheTask.Start= ...

Mind you, this SETS A CONSTRAINT OF START NO EARLIER THAN;, not of Must Start on as you might expect. Thus you could also use

TheTask.Constrainttype=pjSNET

Followed by Thetask.constraintdate=...

If you really want to fix the start date such that relationships or resource problems cannot move it you use

TheTask.Constrainttype=pjMSO

Thetask.Constraintdate=...

Hope this helps,

Monday, November 15, 2010 9:08 AM