I am querying the Active Directory. What should I do to enale my website application accessing the Active Directory? RRS feed

• Question

• User-786564416 posted

I am querying the Active Directory for information about the user email and other properties. I know how to perform this. However, my website should have permission to access the server that host the active directory. Should I make it by the Application pool identity or using another technique?

Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:29 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Not sure if a local account has access to that or can be granted access. You could also create a domain account for this purpose and use this particular account to connect to AD (if I remember by using the proper parameters when construction your PrincipalContext).

What is the current situation for now ?

Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:44 AM
  • User-786564416 posted

I created a domain account and set the Application Pool Identity property to Custom account and then used the created Domain username as the User Name field. However, the Password and Confirm Password not accepting the password assigned to the new domain account

Sunday, October 8, 2017 10:35 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Could it be that the account is configured to force a password change on the next logon ?

You could also keep the current application pool settings and use this account with https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb356158(v=vs.110).aspx when connecting to AD.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 11:38 AM
  • User1771544211 posted

Hi alihusain,

However, the Password and Confirm Password not accepting the password assigned to the new domain account

Is there any error message?

Please try check if you have "Access this computer from the network" user right in group policy via Group Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment.

Best Regards,

Jean

Monday, October 9, 2017 2:13 AM