Add an extra font to Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm making a new image using the ICE tool of WES7.  Currently I still have a problem to add an extra font (Digiface.ttf) to my image. I've already tried via the $OEM$ Folders and also via the Out-of-Box Drivers but with no luck.  After each installation of my image I can not find the new font in the C:\Windows\Fonts directory (also checked other directories but nothing found)

Please can someone tell me how you can add one of more fonts to an WES7 image?

Already thanks!!

Friday, May 6, 2011 11:28 AM

All replies

• You can probably use the oem folder to copy the files to your image, but if you want to do something with those files you need to use a synchronous or asynchronous command. Try looking at the help in ICE. 
    Brent
    Friday, May 6, 2011 5:51 PM
  • There are two steps to add fonts:

1. Setup the distribution share: $OEM% Folders\DigiFace Font\$OEM$\$$\Font\Digiface.ttf

2. A registry key is needed to link in the font. You can add the registry key using a Synchronous command and reg.exe:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" /v "FontName (TrueType)" /t REG_SZ /d Digiface.ttf /f

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Yes, i think in earlier Windows Version it was enough to copy the font into the fonts folder. Since vista you have to install fonts (righ click on the font) and this functions seems to create seans mentioned registry-entry.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    • Proposed as answer by clicloc357 Friday, June 17, 2011 4:02 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by clicloc357 Friday, June 17, 2011 4:03 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:43 PM
  • Right click to install fonts is not available in my current WES7 build, I couldn't find out what component is required for this option. However, I just configured setupcomplete.cmd to copy and register our fonts.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:32 PM
  • It is easy to add the fonts to ICE and have it automatically added during OS install: http://www.annabooks.com/Articles/Articles_WES7/PreAdd%20TrueType%20fonts%20to%20WES7_v1.1.pdf

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:59 PM