Incorrect Response from IE 10

Question

• Entered the site www.usps.com to Track a shipment.  Clicked on "Track and Confirm" on the website.  Attempted to enter the tracking numbers.  A backspace occurred eliminating the character just entered.  This occurred in the metro IE10 and the desktop IE10.  Tried the same under Windows 7 and tried with the IE10 Preview version under Windows 7.  The site worked correctly in both cases.  Rebooted Windows Developer Preview with the incorrect response viewed again.
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:23 AM

Answers

• KLawson419,

Can you submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Gary
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:58 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hey KLawson419,

Try using Compatibility View in the desktop version of Internet Explorer. You can do this by:

• Open the desktop version of Internet Explorer
    • Navigate to the page in question
    • Click the broken page icon (Picture of the Compatibility View button (off)) in the Address bar

The page will then reload. Once it has, try logging in to see if the response is correct.

Gary
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 2:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Gary

I attempted to use Compatibility View but as soon as you go to the site, the broken page icon becomes a lock as the site is a secure site.  I went to tools and clicked on Compatibility View Settings and a separate, broken page icon appeared next to the locked icon.  I clicked on the broken icon page icon but the results were the same.  I also tried pasting the tracking number into the field.  As long as the Ctl-V keys were held down, the tracking number was displayed.  As soon as the keys were released, the contents of the box were cleared.  Again, this site works fine in the IE 10 Preview version under Windows 7.

Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:28 PM
  • KLawson419,

Can you submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Gary
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Feedback submitted.
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:51 PM