Hub Screen detail degrades with use

Question

• I have a C#/XAML  Hub App that displays about 30 previews on the main page. The user can click and see the detail page (full screen). The same PNG image 1920X1080 is used for the master and the detail page (re-sized smaller). Each image is made up of a PNG Image (~200 KB) and a PNG Overlay (for highlights ~20KB). Here is a small example:Good preview

After using the App for a while the previews "disintegrate" as more and more memory is used ?? (I suspect):

bad preview

Cache is set to Required, however I have tried all three options (Enabled, Required, Disabled):

this.NavigationCacheMode = NavigationCacheMode.Required; 

The entire App in memory is only about 30 MB. The weird part is that it only happens infrequently and does not seem to have a pattern. Some times it works perfectly every time. 

Any ideas please? 

FS

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Since this problem is not always happen, I think we should find more information about it. Please read the following link to know how to debug memory issue in store app. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13730496/how-to-debug-memory-leaks-in-windows-store-apps. Please post them back when you find details.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Frank14303 Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Since this problem is not always happen, I think we should find more information about it. Please read the following link to know how to debug memory issue in store app. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13730496/how-to-debug-memory-leaks-in-windows-store-apps. Please post them back when you find details.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Frank14303 Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:09 AM
  • Herro, thank you for the response. I will check it out. 

FS

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:18 PM