Looping reminder email workflow using SharePoint Designer 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen numerous articles and blog postings about this topic but have yet to find a scenario that actually works.  We have MOSS 2007 SP2.  According to this article you can achieve what I am trying to do but it's not working for me.  Basically, I want to create a workflow in SPD 2007 that will send a user an email reminder to perform a task at (Due Date minus 21, 14, 7 and 1 days).  If at any point the user completes the task, the workflow should cease emails.  I used almost the exact same steps in that MSDN article, but the Counter workflow stays In Progress continuously and sends the reminder over and over, never stopping.  Can anyone provide a true working version of doing this in SPD 2007?  I know of the other ways (external console apps, timer jobs, etc.) but I don't have a lot of time and my change control process would drag that out for weeks.  I need to get this done ASAP and SPD seems like the path of least resistance...if it will work.

Thanks!

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:28 PM

All replies

• I have done this using SPD workflow.  What is the formula you used to calculate the dates it should be sent?
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:04 PM
  • This ended up being too cumbersome using SPD so I opted for creating a custom timer job in Visual Studio where I could do everything without having to add columns to the list or be bound to create/modify events on each item.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Dasani2008 Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:11 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Can you please demonstrate how you created the custom timer job to acheive this task.

thanks in advance

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:12 PM