can you please tell me what does it means ? RRS feed

• Question

• I just submitted another application. After pressing "Submit" (oh no, I forgot the keywords.!!!) I got the congratulation page with this text:

If your app needs to be tested, it will take us up to 5 business days to make sure it meets our certification requirements.

ENDQUOTE

I understand that I need to wait up to 5 days for certification.. .ok.

If not, within 24 hours you can either publish the change yourself or it will go live automatically. We’ll send you an email when your app is ready or if we have more questions about your submission.

ENDQUOTE

I don't understand... if not certified I can publish the application myself or it will go live ? But I did ask that my application must go live automatically...

I'm confused....

Monday, September 17, 2012 10:47 PM

Answers

• You are correct that your application won't need to be recertified if you only change the price. If you change the markets where it is available, that might trigger recertification.

And correct, the intent of the message is once you've successfully passed certification, it will either publish automatically if that is what you chose, or it will be in a "ready to publish" state if you chose manual publish.

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:28 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:01 PM

All replies

• Your app won't need to pass certification if you only changed the price. If you have submitted a new app, as I understand in your post, you'll need to wait 5 days.

If you have success passing the certification the app will be published automatically or you'll need to publish it manually depending on which option you have selected.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:01 AM
  • You are correct that your application won't need to be recertified if you only change the price. If you change the markets where it is available, that might trigger recertification.

And correct, the intent of the message is once you've successfully passed certification, it will either publish automatically if that is what you chose, or it will be in a "ready to publish" state if you chose manual publish.

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:28 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:01 PM