none
Mapping needs in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

I am trying to improve upon a mapping implementation in an existing workbook that was created about 10 years ago.

Right now, the existing workbook essentially has a map that has "Shapes" that are overlaid on top of zip code regions. When you click the shape, a macro is run to launch a user form and that user form has content custom for that zip code. These shapes also change color shades based on whatever attribute layer you want to look at, from population to age.

The functionality in this user form is a little more interactive, because it allows you to set a value for that zip code and change it as needed.

Is there a way to get away from needing to create "shapes" while keeping the mapping functionality like shading and running a macro when a certain unique zip code is clicked? The ideal would be a dropdown that has a list of states that drives the name range being used to create this map.

This map would need to be inserted/embedded into a dashboard on a worksheet, so I don't believe the 3D Map Power Pivot. I also played around with a Filled Map, but that didn't allow for a macro to run when you hover over a zip code region.

Andy

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I will move this thread to Excel for Developer forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, April 8, 2019 6:14 AM