Date&Time selected from Calendar Icon always short 1 hr, i.e. prior day. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SPD to create a workflow called "Please Revise", which initiates a variable called "Respond By".  For the "Respond By" variable:  Type is "Date & Time"; default is "Use date & time of item creation as default"; and Display is "Date Only".

When I start the workflow manually, the workflow correctly asks for the "Respond By" date, and presents the calendar icon.  I click the icon, the calendar appears, I click a date on the calendar like "01 Apr 2010", the window to the left correctly displays "4/1/2010", and the workflow runs and sends an email with the "Respond By" value.

The problem is that the "Respond By" value does not appear as "01 Apr 2010" or "4/1/2010" at all, despite setting display to "Date Only".  Instead -- and incorrectly -- the value sent in the email is always one hour short i.e. 11:00 PM on the prior day, like "3/31/2010 11:00 PM".

OK, it could be one of a million things.  But exactly what is the cause and fix?

-Mark

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:37 PM

Answers

• Sounds like a timezone mismatch, at least from what you are expecting. A few places to look:

For the server:

Check the time and date settings in the Control Panel

For the application:

Central Admin, Application Management, Web Application General Settings

For the site:

Site Actions, Site Settings, Regional Settings

For the user: (your test account?)

Welcome Menu, My Settings, My Regional Settings

Mike Smith TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Friday, April 2, 2010 9:08 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:50 PM