LightSwitch Publish Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hey All,

When I publish my Lightswitch application with VS2012 it has stopped updated the database schema with the publish database schema check box checked. I tried everything I can think of and no solution found please help?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:00 PM

Answers

• Clinton:

Do you get an error message?

You may have made a change directly in the database that prevents the schema from working.  One thing that you can do to test is to change the name of the database in the publishing wizard (to a name that does not exist) .  This will cause the publishing process to create a new database.  If this works, you can try to determine any differences in the old and new databases.  If you find differences, change the old database to match new database and it should publish.

Mark

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, August 4, 2014 8:30 AM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Hi Clinton,

First check it on your side as Mark mentioned above.

you can also turn on tracing to get the detailed error message and that will help you troubleshoot. Here's info how to debug that message:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2011/09/20/diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

• Clinton:

Do you get an error message?

You may have made a change directly in the database that prevents the schema from working.  One thing that you can do to test is to change the name of the database in the publishing wizard (to a name that does not exist) .  This will cause the publishing process to create a new database.  If this works, you can try to determine any differences in the old and new databases.  If you find differences, change the old database to match new database and it should publish.

Mark

Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Hi Clinton,

First check it on your side as Mark mentioned above.

you can also turn on tracing to get the detailed error message and that will help you troubleshoot. Here's info how to debug that message:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2011/09/20/diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:55 AM