none
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 not found in Windows Features RRS feed

• Question

• I had problems installing Visual Studio 2008, and after searching some forums, they said that I need to enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows Features.
    However, in my Windows Features, there is no Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to enable it.

How to fix this problem?

I have installed the .NET Framework 4.7.2, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Saturday, May 23, 2020 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Millinery,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As I know, the .NET Framework 3.5 is included with Windows 7, if you don’t find it in Windows Features, please refer to the guide to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and the .NET Framework 3.5 will be installed with Service Pack 1. After that, you could use the .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify if it is installed.

BTW, as EckiS said, the support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. And the Visual Studio 2008 is also no longer supported, you could check its product lifecycle. So we recommend you install a newer version of Visual Studio such as VS2017 and VS2019.

Hoping everything goes well.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 25, 2020 2:37 AM

All replies

• .NET Framework was only a feature beginning with Windows 8.
    Windows 7 is no longer supported.
    Saturday, May 23, 2020 12:35 PM
  • .NET Framework was only a feature beginning with Windows 8.
    Windows 7 is no longer supported.
    It is available on Windows 7 but I didn't find it!
    Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:12 PM
  • Hi Millinery,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As I know, the .NET Framework 3.5 is included with Windows 7, if you don’t find it in Windows Features, please refer to the guide to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and the .NET Framework 3.5 will be installed with Service Pack 1. After that, you could use the .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify if it is installed.

BTW, as EckiS said, the support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. And the Visual Studio 2008 is also no longer supported, you could check its product lifecycle. So we recommend you install a newer version of Visual Studio such as VS2017 and VS2019.

Hoping everything goes well.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 25, 2020 2:37 AM