none
ASP.NET Session has expired on Report Viewer VS2008 and IIS 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all:

I have a reporting solution in which I use a Report Viewer control to render some server reports (SSRS 2008). I describe the three scenarios I am facing:

Displaying a report that needs no parameters: This scenario works as expected.

Displaying a report that needs parameters, but setting those parameters in the code-behind: The report displays as expected; however, when I change some parameters using the Report Viewer control and click "View Report" I get the "ASP.NET session has expired" message and the report doesn't displays. This repros. every time I try it (not only after certain amount of time).

I have tried setting AsyncRendering="false": Now the "ASP.NET session has expired" message is gone, but the report doesn't updates using the new parameter values.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Vini

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:35 PM

All replies

• Where in the code behind are you setting the parameters?  If you set the parameters after LoadViewState, it will look like you are changing the report on each postback, which is probably not what you want.  Can you confirm that the SetParameters call is only being made once?

Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:57 AM