InfoPath Stand-alone ? RRS feed

• Question

• Is is possible to save/export/publish a InfoPath document into a stand-alone *.exe or anything similar?

Meaning:
    I have a computer with infoPath on, and then i send it to one without infopath.
    Now... I want to be able to view & fill the forms i've made on the computer without InfoPath installed.

Could some one please tell me that this is possible and/or tell me if there is a converter.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 2:21 PM

Answers

• No, you need InfoPath installed on the machine to use InfoPath functionality unless it's browser-enabled and can be accessed online.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    • Marked as answer by Epoc-Slash Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:52 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 3:42 PM

All replies

• Monday, February 15, 2010 3:07 PM
  • No, you need InfoPath installed on the machine to use InfoPath functionality unless it's browser-enabled and can be accessed online.
    • Marked as answer by Epoc-Slash Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:52 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 3:42 PM
    That is really something that should exist.
    That function whould make the whole software better since it would enable the stand-alone form to run on any computer with .net-framework installed.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:52 AM
  • It's something I have recommended and continually harp on with the product team, but it may just be a business decision.  I don't actually know why it hasn't been added similar to how Adobe PDFs work, but I do know that it's not in 2010.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:10 PM