Azure Storage bandwidth & CDN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I host data in North America and my CDN location is the same, do I pay to get my Azure Storage data to Azure CDN?

I'm assuming I need to pay if the CDN is in a different location?

If so, do I need to pay for Azure Storage outbound bandwidth each time I get a request to the CDN? Or do I pay only once to move my data to the CDN?

Do I need to pay to remove files from the CDN? 

Finally, can I get significant discounts on CDN and Azure Storage bandwidth pricing if my consumption level is in petabytes? I know that other companies such as Amazon can charge less than $0.02 per GB. 

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• The following is documented (along with pricing):

CDN charges are incurred for data requests it receives and for the data it transfers out to satisfy these requests. CDN charges will not include fees associated with transferring this data from Windows Azure Storage to CDN. Any data transfers and storage transactions incurred to get data from Windows Azure Storage to the CDN will be charged separately at our normal Windows Azure Storage rates.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your answer.

Are there any discounts on volume bandwidth/CDN usage? I can't seem to get this information even after emailing Azure support. :|

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:18 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you to contact our customer support on https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=14234&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn for Azure subscription and billing issues.

Hope it can help you.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:09 AM