create LED or MultiSegment Display for Real Time Sensor value readout? RRS feed

• Question

• Teroid Software makes a good looking LED, MultiSegment Display that can be used for professional looking instrumentation numeric value readout.

Not having that available in Silverlight is keeping me from porting my WPF application to Silverlight and updating my hosted Silverlight website to show a simulation of real-time sensor values.

Thank you for any ideas.

Greg

Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:47 PM

Answers

• For the LED section, it's just a monospace font (a label) over a set of faded 8's (an image). A decent UI guy can recreate that in xaml in an hour or two.

Leon Terry
    Blog | TFK Labs | Twitter
    Monday, June 27, 2011 3:53 PM

All replies

• For the LED section, it's just a monospace font (a label) over a set of faded 8's (an image). A decent UI guy can recreate that in xaml in an hour or two.

Leon Terry
    Blog | TFK Labs | Twitter
    Monday, June 27, 2011 3:53 PM
  • and control each of the segments of the label as the values change as they arrive from the device once per second or so?  0 - 9? 
    Or for this scenario, values are mapped to entirely separate labels?  0 - 9 ?

I' ve never seen anything like what you're referring to and since it's such a common requirement, please provide a link to an example.

Thank you

Monday, June 27, 2011 6:01 PM