get ms outlook appointment into asp.net web application RRS feed

• Question

• User411781540 posted

Hi all,

My requirement is to read an appointment which is created latestly by the user from msoutlook into asp.net application.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:30 AM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

From your description, it seems that you want to access the outlook from your asp.net application, right?

If so, you may try the following post which may be helpful to you.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t63868-asp-net-and-microsoft-outlook.html

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:14 AM
  • User411781540 posted

Hi Jin,

Yes, you are absolutely correct...

To explain in detail my requirement is as below...

User creates an appointment in Ms Outlook...and clicks on a button (may be customized) in the Outlook...

Now I should be able to display him with a form (may be a windows form) asking for the additional details.

The form contains a button..and on clicking it...the highlighed appointment details i.e., details of the current appointment selected by the user or the appointment latestly created by the user and the entire additional data entered has to be saved into  database (sqlserver 2005)...

One thing I know from R and D is that I need to create a class library (.dll) and integrate it with the Outlook....

But I don't know where and how to start this...!!![:$] 

Please help me or suggest me...

Thanks in Advance...

Is there any way to achieve this...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:57 AM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

Yes, you can create a class library and package all logic things into dll files. You can create connection and read the Outlook infos in that dll, and also apply some Inserting/Updating logic against your database which is used to save the appointment data.  As for how to start, you can create a "class library" project, after create all classes in that library, you can right click on the project node in solution explorer, and choose build to produce the dll which you want.

And then, back to your web app, just add the dll reference which you produced just now, and import the namespaces, so in this way you can invoke the methods from your class library.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:11 AM
  • User411781540 posted

Hi Jin,

Thanks for your Quick reply,

Can you tell me...how to open a windows form (contains controls which needs databinding from database) on clicking a button which is present in Outlook toolbar...

Please help me...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:24 AM