ODBC--call failed.[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (#0) RRS feed

• Question

• I need to establish a connection between an Access 2003 database (32 bit) and an 11g 64 bit Oracle database on a server. I am running Windows 7 on a 64 bit laptop. I did a clean install of Oracle 11g for 64 bit. I have no problem accessing the Oracle database via the Oracle SQL Developer. I just have a problem from within Access. I hope someone can help me. I've been fighting this for several months. Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• When you create the DSN, you need to use C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. Instead of C:\Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe. The DSN created by latter odbcad32.exe is for 64 bit application use.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Thanks! I created the DSN, but now when I select that DSN from within the ODBC interface within Access, I get a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle error that says:

"The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corp and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3 (or greater) client software installation. You will be unable to use this driver until these components have been installed."

I have already installed Oracle Client 11g. What do I need to try next?

Thanks for your help! 
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:20 AM
  • Friday, March 12, 2010 3:08 AM
  • Thanks a lot Ronggang... It has really saved my lot of time but I had to make connection with SQL SERVER rather than Oracle.
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:51 AM
  • STalha.Munir,

To make other people easier to find your topic and provide fast response, could you please create a new thread and describe your issue more detailed in your new thread? Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, September 13, 2010 11:41 AM
  • Thank you very much for this info. It helped me solve an issue with Oracle drivers on a 2008 server . I didn't realize that just running odbcad32.exe from start/run will open 64 bit ODBC administrator.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:56 AM