Peter Blum, great... but how do I set runtime date in dateTextBox ? <%# DateTime.Now%> RRS feed

• Question

• User1789096816 posted

Enter Cycle Start Date:<PDP:DateTextBox ID="CycleDateInput" runat="server"></PDP:DateTextBox>

<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="CycleDateInput" Name="cycleDt" PropertyName="Text" Type="String"/>

I want to have a defualt of current date at runtime to display in the

'PDP:DateTextBox'

Don't know how... it's a string value that I'm pulling from the parameter and passing to a mainframe...

It currently shows a textbox with calender date picker and the default is a blank box... I can program on the mainframe to set to current date and my grid will display but the box is empty... I want the box by default show today's date...

Thanks...
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:05 PM

Answers

• User1789096816 posted

if (IsPostBack == false)
            {
                CycleDateInput.Text = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString();
            }

Thanks... a combo of what I got from you two worked out like I wanted.... the first time the page loads it will put today's date in the dateTextBox... then if the user selects a new date it refreshes the grid and keeps the users selected date to sort the records.

Hopefully I will not wear out my welcome here but expect to have 100's, 1000's or much more questions while I learn ASP.NET and C# Laughing

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:57 AM

All replies

• User-211766943 posted

On page load add

if(!page.IsPostBack)

{

CycleDateInput.Text=DateTime.Now.ToString("MM-dd-yyyy");

Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:33 AM
  • User888410735 posted

Hi,

If you want to use Date and Time then you can use

CycleDateInput.Text=Datetime.Now.ToString()

For Date alone

CycleDateInput.Text=Datetime.Now.ToString().ToShortDateTime()

Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:38 AM
  • User1789096816 posted

• User1789096816 posted

if (IsPostBack == false)
            {
                CycleDateInput.Text = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString();
            }

Thanks... a combo of what I got from you two worked out like I wanted.... the first time the page loads it will put today's date in the dateTextBox... then if the user selects a new date it refreshes the grid and keeps the users selected date to sort the records.

Hopefully I will not wear out my welcome here but expect to have 100's, 1000's or much more questions while I learn ASP.NET and C# Laughing

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM