use Set-AzureWebSite with Azure Pack? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to use the Azure powershell CLI with Windows Azure Pack websites? I need to disable failed request tracing on a site and I cannot do it through the portal since it is giving an error. I believe the error is because failed request tracing was enabled. 

I should be able to use Set-AzureWebSite -RequestTracingEnabled False 

Or if there is another method outside the Admin portal to disable this that would be great. I don't think the hsoting database will work since that just changes the value, but is still enabled in the ApplicationHost.config. 

"Failed to retrieve configuration information.: Please try again. If the problem persists, contact support."

Friday, June 12, 2015 6:08 PM

Answers

• You can do it using the powershell on the controller machine as follows:

Import-Module websitesdev

Set-WebSitesSiteConfig -name <sitename> -RequestTracingEnabled $false

Note that this uses the internal websites powershell, not the Azure Powershell which comes with the Azure SDK.

• Proposed as answer by theadriangreen Monday, June 15, 2015 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by mkauspe Monday, June 15, 2015 8:20 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 11:12 PM

All replies

• You can do it using the powershell on the controller machine as follows:

Import-Module websitesdev

Set-WebSitesSiteConfig -name <sitename> -RequestTracingEnabled $false

Note that this uses the internal websites powershell, not the Azure Powershell which comes with the Azure SDK.

• Proposed as answer by theadriangreen Monday, June 15, 2015 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by mkauspe Monday, June 15, 2015 8:20 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 11:12 PM
  • Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. Disabling failed request tracing fixed the error when pulling up config as well.  

Is there a reference guide somewhere for all these commandlets? I can easily find everything I need for Microsoft's azure (azure.net), but I cannot find anything for Windows Azure Pack. How would I have been able to find that module to import on my own?

• Edited by mkauspe Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:48 PM
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:45 PM
  • Essentially we have two Powershell modules, WebSites and WebSitesDev.

The WebSites should be fully documented on TechNet here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn464055%28v=sc.20%29.aspx

The WebSitesDev is module is used for more advanced internal configuration but can be discovered with the Get-Command cmdlet:

Get-Command -Module WebSitesDev

The parameters for a given cmdlet can then be discovered with the Get-Help cmdlet:

Get-Help Set-WebSitesSiteConfig

Monday, June 15, 2015 8:06 PM